I'm not talking about artists who went to prison over crimes but just artists who went through public controversies.
For example, people like to claim DaBaby's career ended after he made homophobic remarks, but I feel like this isn't true. He was featured on Kanye's album afterwards and I feel like people forgot about the controversy after like a week. The reason DaBaby's career fell off is because he kept making the same song over and over again and people got tired of it, even before the homophobic thing people were joking about it.
In my personal opinion a music artist's career only falls off when the public stops considering their personality entertaining or when they stop delivering on the music. The amount of well renowned and beloved rappers who beat or rape women is difficult to even list because it is so long, I feel hip hop fans just don't really care that much about an artist's morals or personal shortcomings, they just want to hear the music.
[link] [comments]
source https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1wtwwej/discussion_has_there_ever_been_a_rapper_whos/
Comments
Post a Comment