Trap Rap Beats















The Alchemist on the production of Cypress Hill’s “Temples of Boom”

It is known through interviews that American rapper/producer The Alchemist contributed to co-producing Cypress Hill’s third album “Cypress Hill III: Temples of Boom” released in 1995. He has spoken about how he was paid under the table to not be credited in the liner notes for his work, saying how he took it in stride because “I didn’t have a name yet, Muggs was paying me well and it was a great opportunity.” I understand the give and take system they had going on: Muggs, who was more experienced in the game, was teaching a young Alchemist plenty of things about making records, while Al was lending his skills of crate digging and chopping samples on the ASR-10 to craft the dark sound of the album.

Through what The Alchemist has previously said, he would take boxes of records to chop up samples and create the foundation of beats on the album, but Muggs didn’t trust him with drums yet so he would take over for the rest of it. To me this sounds like both of them realistically should’ve been credited for production, especially since Al said “I did a lot of that album”.

I’m wondering if anyone out there has any thoughts on this, or further insight of what beats have Alchemist’s touch on it, if not all of them. Personally I think many tracks on this album mirror his later credited works with sample choices and vibes.

submitted by /u/Inevitable_Sir_253
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1vyr9yq/the_alchemist_on_the_production_of_cypress_hills/

Comments