Trap Rap Beats















Something I’ve been thinking about….

This may have been brought up or discussed before but does anyone find it weird the number of white influencers on IG or other social media platforms pushing hiphop music and collections.

I don’t want to hate but it will come off that way. I ran across a guy named hiphop collector seems like a cool dude, white guy but in my mind I’m like do you listen to the lyrics bruh. I don’t understand how in today’s climate all these white people claim to be hiphop fans etc but yet how do the lyrics portrayed represent anything in their life.

I don’t want to gate-keep rap but you can’t tell me the white man relates to Public Enemy lyrics, KRS-ONE, Gang Starr ,ETC. This is what I grew up on stuff I saw and lived and there are all these white people giving reviews on rap songs, showing off rap collections, looking like the culture but how do you relate to something you know nothing about.

I just want a discussion I already know I’m going to get blow back and I don’t care. What’s everyone’s thoughts when you see non-black people with hiphop and rap collections or breaking down hiphop albums and songs. Do you care, is it weird, in today’s social climate in America I almost find messed up.

submitted by /u/Ok_Source2872
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1vqtabk/something_ive_been_thinking_about/

Comments