Trap Rap Beats















[DISCUSSION]Frank Ocean-Endless (10 years later)

10 years ago, Frank Ocean finessed his way out of a record deal with Def Jam by releasing Endless. His critically acclaimed masterpiece Blonde was released the next day via his independent label Boys Don’t Cry. Originally released as a music video exclusively on Apple Music, Endless was eventually rereleased on physical formats with a slightly different tracklist. It has yet to be released on streaming.

Although considered a “throwaway” record to get himself out of his record deal, Endless has received a cult following and is seen by fans as being a worthy companion piece to Blonde. The album has considerably more EDM and Hip Hop elements compared to his other works, boasting electronic instrumentals and numerous rap verses from Frank. The album vocals are primarily performed by Frank but features backing vocals from Sampha and Jazmine Sullivan.

While Endless is a little harder to find than Blonde I do recommend fans seek out a copy of it online. It’s cold electronic soundscape perfectly contrasts the hazy, fuzzy, summery soundscape of Blonde. I personally remember being cooped up in an apartment blasting Endless in my apartment during the pandemic, which is where I fell in love with this project.

DISCUSSION:
What were your favorite tracks?
Where does Endless rank in the (technically 4) albums Frank Ocean has released?
Where does Odd Future rank as a rap group in your opinion?

I’ll see y’all for Blonde’s 10 year later discussion tomorrow.

submitted by /u/philz_baklava
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/1vsek87/discussionfrank_oceanendless_10_years_later/

Comments