Trap Rap Beats















Just listened to Kendrick for the first time…

I never really listened to Kendrick much. I’ve heard the big hits like DNA, Humble, Loyalty, Alright, Swimming Pools, Poetic Justice, Maad city, and ADHD. But I had never listened to his albums in full. I always knew his lyrics were pretty complex and I didn’t think I would get it. I took it upon myself to listen to every album front to back. His music is incredible. His rapping, flow, storytelling, is the best I’ve heard in the genre. I don’t know if Kendrick has a hand in the production or not but good God, this music is beautiful. Especially in Tpab, I love the jazz elements in that album. One thing that I did notice is that Gkmc and Tpab had like a narrative but Damn felt a little bit more cryptic… idk if I’m overthinking it or not but its harder to follow narratively I feel like. How I’d rank them after first listen: I don’t know the consensus ranking is among Kendrick fans but I do know that Tpab and Gkmc are highly respected albums 1. Tpab 2. Damn (I loved the sound on this project… its different) 3. Gkmc 4. Mr Morale 5. Section 80

Favorite songs: I really hope I don’t put the worst songs on here or I’m going to look so dumb lol 1. Wesley’s Theory (idk wtf that bass is doing but I like it) 2. Pride 3. Sing about me, I am dying of thirst (this is like the longest song I’ve ever listened to and I’m not used to something like this, but it really grabbed me. I thought it was kinda genius that he said he would never fade away and then…). 4. How much a Dollar Cost 5. Alright (Kendrick’s flow in the 2nd verse😨) 6. Fear 7. ADHD 8.Institutionalized 9. King Kunta 10. The Heart Part 5 (I watched the music video and its pretty mind blowing)

Kendrick might be my new favorite artist.

submitted by /u/Bandicoot_Perfect
[link] [comments]

source https://www.reddit.com/r/hiphopheads/comments/16loqty/just_listened_to_kendrick_for_the_first_time/

Comments